Rumney Historical Society Museum
Town of Rumney - leased to Historical Society
Main St & Buffalo Rd,
PO Box 945, Rumney, NH 03266
Roger Daniels, President
Old Rumney Town Hall. Built in 1856 originally as a church. In 1886 became the town hall. In late 30s, WPA program put in new floors and a basement.
The historical society museum houses a pictorial display of 250 photos, civil war display case, rare Fremont/Dayton flag (only 2 exist around here). Display of crutches, leatherwork. Genealogy items can be found in Biron G Merrill Library. Rumney was known as crutch capital of world.
Mem Day - Labor Day, Sat, 10-2pm
Rumney town common, adjacent to the library on the corner of Main Street and Buffalo Rd
July - ice cream social. 2-3 summer programs, Christmas Tea program
Did you know? Rumney in the late 1850's and 60's was an industrial center with saw, planing & grist mills, tanneries, wooden-ware makers, mica mine, wheelbarrow shop, brickyard, shingle factory and a hoe & rake factory